Setting up email forwarding
Settings → Domains
- If you bought a domain from Shopify
- Forwarding your mail from your third-party domain provider
- When email hosting isn't included by your third-party provider
In this article:
If you bought a domain from Shopify
Shopify does not provide email hosting as part of its domain reseller terms. However, if you buy a domain name from Shopify, you can set up an unlimited number of forwarding email addresses (for example, email@example.com) for free. Emails sent to an email forward will go to its destination email automatically.
All new email addresses must be forwarded to a pre-existing email address. You can set up multiple forwards to go to different email addresses.
Set up email forwarding
From your Shopify admin, click Online Store:
Click the root domain name you want to set up email forwarding for.
Click Add an email to set up an email forward.
In the New email address field, type in the email address you'd like to create on your custom domain. You don't need to type the @ symbol or anything that follows it.
In the Forwards to field, type in your full destination email address. This should be the email address you read most often. For example:
Click Add email forward.
You can create as many forwarding email addresses as you like in this way.
Test your email forwarding
To test your email forwarding, send a test mail from a different email address to each of the forwarding addresses that you've created.
Do not send test mails from any of your forwarding email addresses.
Forwarding your mail from your third-party domain provider
Often, third-party domain registrars will include email hosting on the domain. You can set up email forwarding from the domain after you've claimed it in Shopify.
Methods for forwarding mail from third-party domains to your own email address vary, and it's impossible to give specific instructions for every domain provider.
In each case, your goal is to get the mail from your third-party domain redirected to your own email host. You'll probably have to do one of the following:
- Log in to your third-party account admin and use their interface to add your email address or edit your MX records.
- Contact your provider for help with email forwarding. Tell them you need all your mail forwarded to your other (preferred) email address.
When email hosting isn't included by your third-party provider
Generally, email hosting isn't included when you buy your domain from a third-party provider. In this situation, you will need to use a third-party email hosting service.
We suggest the following options:
- Zoho mail provides up to 10 free email accounts for your custom domain, with paid packages available. They can connect to Zoho Business Apps.
- Google Apps for Work connect to the Gmail platform with emails for your custom domain for $5-$10 USD per user per month.
Choosing one of these options means you might have to configure MX records with your domain provider.