Obtain your MailChimp form action URL
MailChimp is a third-party newsletter platform that many store owners use to keep their customers up to date with their store.
Normally, MailChimp uses an embedded HTML form to collect email signups for your newsletter campaigns. Many Shopify themes provide the framework that MailChimp uses, and you only need to enter your unique form action URL so that your customers submit their email addresses to the right place. This is done through the Customize theme menu.
- Obtain the form action URL
- Inserting the form action URL into your theme
In this article:
To integrate MailChimp with your Shopify store, you will need:
- A MailChimp account.
- A MailChimp list
- A MailChimp form action URL
- A Shopify Theme that integrates with MailChimp
Obtain the form action URL
1. Log into your MailChimp account
2. Click the Lists button in the left navigation bar
3. On the list you want to connect to your Shopify store, click the drop-down box on the right, and choose Signup forms
4. Select Embedded forms
5. On the Embedded form code page, click on Naked
6. Scroll down and find Copy/paste onto your site
7. Double-click anywhere in the box to select the code
8. Copy it to your clipboard with
cmd + c on a Mac or
ctrl + c on a PC.
Inserting the form action URL into your theme
1. In a text editor like TextEdit or Notepad, paste the code with
cmd + v on a Mac or
ctrl + v on a PC
2. Find your form action URL, which will be the unique URL that you need in order to link your store to MailChimp
3. In a new tab, open up your store Admin
4. From your store Admin, go to your Themes page
5. Click on the Customize theme button
6. Find the MailChimp form action field in the Customize theme page. It might be called MailChimp form action URL, or MailChimp form action, or something similar to that. Its location varies from one theme to another, but it's most likely to be in the footer, sidebar, or home page section.
7. Paste the action attribute value into the MailChimp form action field
8. Save your changes
9. Test the integration by subscribing to your own MailChimp newsletter.