Building a Shopify App
Shopify’s API provides an almost unlimited set of possibilities for interfacing the Shopify platform with third-party software.
There are two ways you can make money building apps for Shopify stores:
- Create a custom app for a client: Use the Shopify API to build and sell an app that adds features and functionality to a client’s Shopify store.
- Build an app and sell it in the Shopify App Store: You’ll earn 80% of each app sale.
Dive into making your first Shopify app with our getting started guides and videos. We’ll walk you through the process of getting an API key, creating a test shop and playing around with the API.
Publish your app:
Just hit “submit” in your Partner account. After your app is approved, you may even get a featured spot at the top of the Shopify App Store.
Shopify’s Billing API makes it easy to bill customers with recurring monthly charges or one-time purchases.
Why it’s worth it:
- Shopify’s Apps generate $345K collectively per month
- Our Top 5 apps earn an average of $215K annually
- 78,000 shops have a Shopify App installed
- 230K visitors come to the App Store per month
Here are some of our top apps:
- Yotpo Product Reviews: Helps shops generate and share product reviews. An uber-successful free app with premium features.
- Product Discount: Easily create sales that you can manually control or schedule in advance. This app now offers a one-time purchase price.
- Stitch Labs: This multi-channel solution gives merchants a custom inventory management suite with add-ons to manage shipping and accounting. Shopify is their biggest source of customers.
- Social Login – Allows customers to log into merchants shops using their existing social identities from Facebook, Shopify or Google+.